– The population of the UK grew by an estimated 1,083 people a day between 2017 and 2018.
– On average, a UK household spends £4.05 a day on water, electricity and gas.
– 350 people a day were declared insolvent or bankrupt in January to March 2019. This was equivalent to one person every 4 minutes and 7 seconds.
– 3,567 Consumer County Court Judgements (CCJs) were issued every day in England and Wales in Q1 2019, with an average value of £1,398.
– Citizens Advice Bureaux in England, Wales and Northern Ireland dealt with 2,536 debt issues every day in the year to June 2019.
– 15 properties were repossessed every day in Q1 2019, or one every 1 hour and 34 minutes.
– The number of mortgages with arrears of over 5%of the remaining balance fell by 8 a day.
– The number of people unemployed fell by 318 per day in the year to May 2019.
– 1,098 people a day reported they had become redundant in March to May 2019.
– Net lending to individuals and housing associations in the UK grew by £111 million a day in May 2019.
– Government debt increased by £197.0 million a day in the year to June 2019.
– Borrowers paid £138 million a day in interest in May 2019.
– It costs an average of £95 per day for a couple to raise a child from birth to the age of 18.
– For a lone parent family, the cost of raising a child comes to £90 per day.
– 68 mortgage possession claims and 48 mortgage possession orders were made every day In January to March 2019.
– 337 landlord possession claims and 263 landlord possession orders were made every day.
Personal Debt in the UK
People in the UK owed £1,640 billion at the end of May 2019. This is up from £1,592 billion at the end of May 2018, an extra £922.00 per UK adult over the year.
|Type of Personal Debt||Total Personal Debt £billion||Per Household £||Per Adult £|
|Secured (Mortgages)||£1,422.9 billion||£51,798||£26,979|
|Unsecured Consumer Debt||£217.3 billion||£7,910||£4,120|
|Of Which, Credit Card||£72.9 billion||£2,653||£1,382|
|Grand Total (May 2019)||£1,640.2 billion||£59,708||£31,099|
Statistics Source: http//www.themoneycharity.org.uk
Personal Debt Statistics in the UK
We have assisted many people with personal debt in the UK – view our testimonials here.
You can also contact Janet by email on email@example.com, or by text or calling on 07545 806 531.
Don’t wait until it’s too late!